Super-flat AV receiver with a full list of features
Modern multi-channel speaker sets do not have to be big. Even very discreet, compact 5.1 systems readily create an enthralling cinema atmosphere in the living room that is simply not possible with sound bars, let alone TV speakers.
The matching AV receiver should be as flat as possible but also of high quality – a role that is played perfectly by the VSX-S 520. With its housing height of just 65mm, it matches current Blu-ray players like the BDP-X 300.
It is available in three different colours to coordinate with any TV model and interior decorating style. Class D output stages developed by Pioneer guarantee rich performance with six 80-watt channels notwithstanding the flat design – enough to adequately power even high-end speakers.
In order to take full advantage of their sound even in problematic rooms, the MCACC automatic calibration system unerringly and effectively corrects problems with the acoustics.
And since the VSX-S 520 looks best with the fewest possible devices around it, Pioneer simply integrated the music sources: high-resolution streaming, Internet radio, the Spotify, Tidal and Deezer subscription services, AirPlay and Bluetooth ensure that this discreetly styled entertainment professional never runs out of material.
- Channels: 6
- Amplification Type: Class D
- 80 W/ch (4 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 1.0 %, 1ch Driven)DSD Disc (SACD) Playback via HDMI (2.8 MHz/5.1ch, 2ch)
- Dolby® TrueHD/Dolby Digital Plus/Dolby Pro Logic II
- DTS-HD Master Audio/DTS-HD High Resolution Audio/DTS96/24/DTS-HD Express/DTS Neo:6 5.1
- DSD Playback via Network/USB (5.6 MHz/2ch 2.8 MHz/2ch)
- Digital Core Engine with Cirrus Logic (Quad Core) x1
- HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- MCACC Auto Room Tuning
• Phase Control
• Subwoofer EQ (4 Band)
- Advanced Sound Retriever (2ch)
- Advanced Surround Modes
• Classical, Unplugged, Entertainment Show, Drama, Advanced Game, Action, Rock/Pop, Sports, Extended Stereo, Extended Mono, Front Stage Surround, Auto Surround
- FM (RDS) Tuner 40 Presets