A-40AE Integrated Amplifier, Silver
Enhance your audio with Pioneer's new direct energy technology
The latest integrated amplifier from Pioneer created under the original Direct Energy concept incorporates the newly developed Direct Energy Design, pursuing high S/N ratio to create an overwhelming and life-like sound field. With features including isolated power supply, custom-made large capacitors, Direct Function, Power Amp Direct Mode, aluminium volume knob/front panel, and phono MM input, you can enjoy crisp, clear sound just as intended by the artists.
Isolated power supply
The windings for the power amplifier, pre-amplifier, and controls are each separated inside the power transformer to prevent mutual noise interference.
Pioneer-exclusive electrolytic capacitors
The main capacitor, which determines an amplifier’s audio quality, was developed in collaboration with ELNA. The Pioneer logo on the sleeve shows that it is an exclusive pure audio capacitor.
The A-40AE features Direct Function, which bypasses other circuits except for the volume to offer a pure listening experience suitable for musical content. The function is not just a simple switching, but is finely tuned to enhance the musicality.
Anti-standing wave insulators
The Anti-Standing Wave Insulator features a special form with no parallel sides inside to prevent cavity resonance. This makes the sound localisation, tone, and scale clearer, while also contributing to seamless connection between the channels and improved response to quick sound.
- 60 W + 60 W (20 Hz-20 kHz, THD 0.5 %, 4 ohms, 2ch Driven)
- 30 W + 30 W (20 Hz-20 kHz, THD 0.4 %, 8 ohms, 2ch Driven)
- Guaranteed Speaker Impedance (2 Speaker Terminals): 4-16 ohms (A or B, Bi-Wiring), 8-32 ohms (A+B)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz-100 kHz +1 dB/-3 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (IHF-A) 106 dB (LINE In, SP Out), 81 dB (PHONO In, SP Out)
- Direct Energy Design/Direct Energy Construction
- Clean Ground Construction
- Isolated Power Supply Circuits
- Wolfson 192 kHz/24-bit D/A Converter
- Custom-Made ELNA Capacitors
- Hi-Res Audio Compatible
- Direct Function
- Power Amp Direct Mode
- Speaker A + B
- Tone Control (Bass/Treble)
- Balance Control
- Aluminium Volume Knob
- Aluminium Front Panel
- 1.6 mm-Thick Rigid Steel Chassis
- Anti-Standing Wave Insulators
- Auto Standby
- Power Requirements: AC 220-230 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 150 W
- Power Consumption During Standby: 0.2 W