Premium image and sound performance – at a moderate price
The BDP-X 300 represents the advancement of technology at its best: with this universal disc player, both the image and sound benefit from technologies that were very expensive or not even available a short time ago. The performance of the highly modern video engine for example is astounding, transforming conventional HD content from Blu-ray discs or the integrated video streamer into credible 4K ultra-HD. The Miracast screencast standard in combination with integrated WiFi is always a joy, beaming the screen contents of a tablet to the television at a tap. Those who want to use their player with the stereo system on occasion appreciate the BDP-X 300 even more; it features converters of very high quality that are clearly a match for pure CD players in terms of sound.
With compatible Pioneer receivers, the BDP-X 300 with PQLS has even more up its sleeve, benefiting from exclusive sound transmission via the HDMI cable. On principle this transfer is prone to jitter, meaning fluctuations in the data rate that can result in distortion after conversion. With the BDP-X 300, Pioneer solves this problem at its root: when the player works with a PQLS-compatible receiver, it handles clocking of the audio data which practically eliminates jitter and results in more focused, clearer sound.
- Exclusive Audio DAC Board with 192 kHz/24-bit DAC
- 192 kHz/24-bit Audio Playback (WAV, FLAC, ALAC)
- 2.8 MHz DSD Playback
- Multi-Channel (5.1ch, 5.0ch) Audio Playback (WAV, FLAC, DSD)
- Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Digital Plus
- DTS-HD Master Audio/DTS-HD High Resolution Audio/DTS-ES/DTS 96/24
- HQ Sound for Clear Audio Transmission via HDMI
- Precision Quartz Lock System (PQLS) for Compatible AV Receiver
- Shielded Power Supply (SMPS) Circuit Board
- Anti-Standing Wave Insulators (Rear Insulators Only)
- Sound Retriever Link